Press Release n°4
Monaco, the Circus capital!
In the Principality, January means circus time and the whole town will take part in the festivities. On the programme:
- At the Fontvieille shopping centre gallery there will be an exhibition entitled "The Circus" by Paule Garrigue, organised by the Monegasque Association of the Friends of Circus (14th of January to the 3rd of February);
- Two stamps created by the Office des Timbres Poste de Monaco will go on sale on the 4th of January, one featuring the poster for the 43rd edition, drawn by Alain André (Petit Gougou) with a value of 1.30 euros, the other celebrating the 10th anniversary of the World Circus Federation, with a value of 1.05 euros and drawn by Elena Zaïka;
- The traditional shop window competition organised by the Monaco Shopkeepers Union;
- The meeting of the European Circus Association and the World Circus Federation on Friday 18th January at the Fairmont Monte Carlo;
- The Open Door "Animals of the circus" show, rehearsals with commentary, on Saturday 19th January from 3-4pm under the big top – free entrance
- The ecumenical service under the big top on Monday 21st January at 7pm;
- The football match featuring H.S.H. Prince Albert II's Barbaguians team versus the artistes from the circus, at the Cap d'Ail stadium on Monday 21st January at 8.30pm;
- Special decoration of the roundabout between the Avenue des Ligures and the Avenue des Guelfes, created by the Gardens section of the Town Planning Department, highlighting circus animals.
This year the Festival will have two new matinee shows aimed at families, on Sunday 20th and Sunday 27th January from 10.30am, for an unforgettable two hour show by the stars of the Festival (special rates)!
The Festival's Committee has also partnered with Piero Guidi to create a special "International Circus of Monte-Carlo" range of leather goods.
Finally, 32 classes from the principality's schools, that's 800 children, will be lucky enough to see an informative rehearsal on Thursday 24th January under the big top.
* Telephone: +377 92 05 23 45 * Fax: +377 92 05 26 22
* At the door: the circus ticket booths are open from 10am to 1pm and 2pm to 6pm
* By post: please send your order along with a cheque in euros or a credit card number to: Monte-Carlo Festival - Avenue des Ligures - MC 98000 Monaco
8th NEW GENERATION – 2ND AND 3RD FEBRUARY 2019