Commercial premises to be rented out in Fontvieille shopping centre
The State Property Authority hereby announces that the following premises are to be made available in the Fontvieille Shopping Centre:
- A commercial premises located on the ground floor, forming lot n°265, with a surface area of approximately 178 square metres
- Premises for storage located on the first basement level of the Shopping Centre car park, forming lot n°15 with an approximate surface area of 7 m²
The commercial premises described above are intended for the operation of a business, excluding any type of food activity in any form (bar, snack bar, juice bar, pâtisserie, ice cream shop, tea shop), even if no cooking or extraction takes place on site and/or the business is a takeaway, given that the installation of extraction equipment remains prohibited.
In addition, the commercial premises being offered under this call for applications may not be used to exercise a licensed profession or as an office.
The business must be in line with the Principality’s prestigious image, and should not, under any circumstances, cause any disruption of any kind.
The premises forming lot number 15 are designed exclusively for storage and are being made available solely as part of the operation of the commercial premises forming lot no. 265 in the Fontvieille Shopping Centre, to the exclusion of any other purpose, even of a temporary nature.
The publicly owned premises will be subject to agreements establishing occupancy on a precarious and revokable basis, thereby excluding the application of the provisions relating to Act no. 490 of 24 November 1948 concerning tenancy agreements for commercial, industrial or trade use, amended by the Act no. 1.287 of 15 July 2004.
The premises will be made available until 30 June 2024, with no option to extend and no provision of alternative premises for any reason.
Applicants may choose one of the following two periods of availability for the premises:
- A fixed term to expire on 30 June 2024
- A 3-month term, which cannot be renewed, to enable the opening of a pop-up store. In this case, applicants are free to present one or several plans for pop-up stores which could be operated in the commercial premises
In addition, applicants may also specify the effective dates on which the business could be operated for a period of three months before the end of the period of availability on 30 June 2024.
To this end, the provision of the premises described shall not under any circumstances constitute any kind of acquired right for the selected applicant to operate their business again in a commercial premises within the future Shopping Centre.
In the event that the commercial premises are operated until 30 June 2024, the work to fit out the premises will be conducted at the expense and under the sole responsibility of the selected candidate. This includes the work needed to ensure that the premises comply with all current standards and requirements imposed by the relevant authorities.
The commercial premises are being leased as is, in the state shown on the plan attached to this call for applications, without prejudice to the totality of the improvements and work required to ensure compliance with standards, all of which remains the sole responsibility of the applicant.
However, should a series of pop-up stores be operated, the commercial premises will be subject to a one-off refurbishment following the call for applications.
In addition, applicants’ attention is drawn to the fact that the three-month lease period includes the time required to fit out the premises and return them to their initial state. No extension will be possible for any reason.
Anybody interested should collect their applications to the State Property Authority offices, on the fourth floor of 24, rue du Gabian, from Monday to Friday from 9.30 am to 5 pm, or download it below.
The application includes:
- An application form, to be returned duly completed and signed by all applicants:
- DOSSIER CANDIDATURE LOCAL CCF http://en.monacochannel.mc/Media/Fichiers/DOSSIER-CANDIDATURE-LOCAL-CCF
- A plan of the commercial premises (strictly for indicative purposes only):
- PLAN LOCAL CCF http://en.monacochannel.mc/Media/Fichiers/PLAN-LOCAL-CCF
- An information sheet:
- FICHE RENSEIGNEMENTS LOCAL CCF http://en.monacochannel.mc/Media/Fichiers/FICHE-RENSEIGNEMENTS-LOCAL-CCF
The premises can be visited at the following times on the following days:
- Wednesday 1 February 2023 at 9.30 am
- Wednesday 8 February 2023 at 2.30 pm
Applications should be sent to the State Property Authority by the deadline on Monday 20 February 2023 at midday, at the latest.
The candidates’ attention is drawn to the fact that only complete packs including absolutely all the documents required will be considered.