An international stamp event, MonacoPhil 2022, will be held under the high patronage of H.S.H. Prince Albert II from 24 to 26 November on the Fontvieille Terraces.
It will be an opportunity for the public to discover some worldwide rarities. The Museum of Philately and Coinage will be exhibiting 100 of the most iconic stamps and philatelic documents from the collections of H.S.H. Prince Albert II and the Royal Philatelic Collection, as well as national postal museums and members of the prestigious Club de Monte-Carlo.
There will be two themed exhibitions: one will showcase India, while the other will be devoted to the postal history of the Grand Army of Napoleon I and will include the specialist collection belonging to H.S.H. the Sovereign Prince.
The Espace Léo Ferré will play host to a commercial exhibition where postal administrations and internationally renowned stamp dealers will be presenting to the public classic stamps from around the world and the latest developments in philately. Plenty to satisfy collectors and enthusiasts.
The Stamp Issuing Office will be selling five new stamp issues:
- The MonacoPhil 2022 collection, focusing on Napoleon I and his meeting with Honoré V.
- A joint collection issued by Monaco and the French Southern and Antarctic Lands on the theme of Albert I.
- A collection that pays tribute to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II.
- A stamp to mark the tenth anniversary of the Princess Charlene of Monaco Foundation.
- A stamp commemorating Monaco Explorations’ Indian Ocean mission.
As an exclusive offer, four limited edition presentation packs will be available:
- The first, which is numbered, holds the MonacoPhil 2022 collection.
- The second, in the form of a presentation box, includes a numbered sheet featuring copperplate engraving comprising a portrait of Albert I and a dated set of four stamps.
- The third presentation pack is devoted to the collection being jointly issued by Monaco and the French Southern and Antarctic Lands. It contains the stamp sets being issued by each postal administration.
- The fourth presentation pack offers a retrospective of the stamps issued to commemorate the centenary of the death of Prince Albert I, in the form of a numbered sheet including non-perforated versions of the stamps issued in 2021 and 2022, as well as a copperplate engraving of Albert I.
Visitors who complete their “stamp passport” with one stamp from each postal administration will be able to enter a raffle featuring some fantastic prizes. The artists who have designed or engraved Monaco’s most recent stamps will be conducting signing sessions.
Terrasses de Fontvieille
24–26 November 2022, 10 am to 5.30 pm
Information: email@example.com / Tel.: +377 98 98 41 41